Following the advertisement of administrative posts advertised by TSC on August 2019, TSC has released the list of shortlisted candidates in various administrative posts.
The commission had advertised for 6043 administrative posts of which 2310 qre for head teachers while the remaining are for deputy head teachers II.
Applications were done online and shortlisted candidates have been invited for the interview on varied dates and venues.
What to Carry During the Interview
1. Certificate of Good conduct
2. Clearance Certificate by HELB
3. Clearance cerTificate from EACC
4. Clearance certificate from CRB
5. KRA tax compliance Certificate
6. Academic and professional documents
7. TPAD hard copies for 2017, 2018 and 2019
8. Any other relevant supportive document.
For shortlisted Deputy Head Teachers, they are expected to carry the following;
1. Original National ID Card
2. Current Payslip
3. Original Academic and Professional Certificates.
4. Letter of designation to deputy Head teacher II (Grade C4)
5, Letter of appointment as Deputy Head teacher
6. Analysed individual subject results and those of the institution in KCSE examinations for the last three years, certified by TSC County Director
7. Performance Appraisal Reports for 2017, 2018 and 2019
8. Originals of the following statutory Documents;
– Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
2. Certificate of Good conduct from the CID
3. Tax compliance certificate from KRA
4. Clearance from EACC
5. Clearance from CRB
6. Any other relevant testimonials supporting your performance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
According to the TSC advert, for one to be appointed to the grade of Headship, a teacher must:-
(i) Serving under carer progression guidelines
(ii) Have served as deputy head teacher for a minimum period of 3 years.
(iii) Be currently serving as deputy head teacher II TSC Scale 9.
(iv) Be in possession of a bachelor’s degree in education or its equivalent
(v) Have satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal
(vi) Meet the requirements of chapter (6) OF THE Constitution
(vii) Have demonstrated ability to supervise, mentor and provide professional support.
On the other hand, one must meet the following requirements in order to qualify for appointment to the grade of head teacher II:-
– Be serving under career progression guidelines.
-Have served as Senior teacher for a minimum period of 3 years
– Be currently serving as senior teacher I T- Scale 8
– Be in possession of a bachelor’s degree in education or its equivalent
– Have satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal
– Have demonstrated ability to supervise, mentor and provide professional support. to other teachers
– Meet the requirements of chapter (6) OF THE Constitution
– Meet any other requirement the Commission may deem necessary.